As a marketing platform we feel it’s our responsibility to be extra vigilant in preventing abuse of our services to protect both our customers and their contacts. It’s also in our best interest to keep the platform clean because our reputation and deliverability depend on it. The actions an individual Member takes can have a big impact on our platform as a whole. That’s why all Appointible Members must follow this Acceptable Use Policy in their use of Appointible. If you violate this policy, we may suspend or terminate your account. We may also suspend or terminate accounts according to our Terms and conditions agreement where we see behavior, content, or other factors that pose a threat to our platform.
Please don’t use Appointible to distribute anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not use Appointible to create, send, display, advertise, or sell (as applicable):
1. Illegal goods or services
2. Messages that violate the CAN-SPAM act or other anti-spam laws
3. Pornography/sexually explicit content
4. Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
Some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints, which can jeopardize deliverability. In order to maintain the reliability of our platform, we do not allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
1. Escort services, mail-order bride/spouse finders, international marriage brokers, and other similar sites and services
2. Hookup, swinger, or sexual encounter sites or services
3. Pharmaceutical products
4. Work-at-home scams, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
5. Gambling services or products
6. Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
7. List brokers or list rental services
8. Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
Content Subject to Additional Scrutiny
We’ve also found that certain types of content may cause higher-than-average abuse rates. For that reason, we may closely review accounts that offer the following services, products, or content:
1. Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
2. Daily horoscope reports
3. Mortgages and loans
4. Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
5. Adult entertainment/novelty items
6. Online dating services and applications
7. Services that support programmatically sending mail on behalf of third parties without creating or reviewing the content
If we identify abuse, we may suspend, throttle, or disable the account.
We work hard to maintain the positive reputation of our platform, but we count on our Members to pitch in too. You may not:
1. Send Spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk messages or one to one commercial messages.
a) You must be able to point to an opt-in form or show other evidence of consent for any commercial or marketing message you send.
2. Include in your Campaigns, Websites, Ads, or account any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
3. Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information in the Service or in any Campaigns created, managed, or sent using our Service.
4. Share your password.
5. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the Software.
6. Use any of the Software to create a competing product.
7. Send marketing messages that do not contain the Appointible opt-out mechanism or send messages that use an external opt-out process.
8. Set up multiple accounts for any person or entity in order to send similar content, unless you’re part of a franchise or agency.
9. Import or incorporate any of this information into any account, audience, emails, or otherwise upload to our servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information.
10. Upload or send SMS and email campaigns to purchased, rented, third-party, co-reg, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.
11. Send or forward personal mail.
12. Host documents, images or any other content on our servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
13. Except as permitted under our Terms and conditions agreement, take any action intended to avoid our billing thresholds.
14. Send messages to anyone that has indicated they do not want to receive communications from you. This includes, but is not limited to, Campaigns and one-to-one messages sent through Appointible Inbox.
Updated April 6, 2021